Rescue 15 is a telephonic aid provided by the police to facilitate and cater emergencies. All calls are received and responded by 3 assistants through their Telephones. Data recorded from callers include the caller’s name, time & date of the incident, place of incident, detail of concerned police station, nature of crime and data is also forwarded to Chief Ministers Complaint cell.
PUCAR 15 is a centralized database system which help the public for rescue 15 in an efficient manner. This is the modern way for the Police rescue system.
Processing of Complaints
- After a call is received, the team leader can guide assistants and provide suggestions and instructions
- Information of any heinous or cognizable offence is immediately passed on to DPO by the head of rescue 15
- Team leader also passes the information to wireless control. Wireless control directs police mobile towards crime scene/point of incident
- Wireless control passes information to nearest patrolling vehicle for dispatching to the point of occurrence for prompt response
- Police mobile reaches at the crime scene within 3 to 5 minutes in urban areas and 7 to 10 minutes in rural areas
- After receiving information from wireless control that police mobile has reached to the place of incident, team leader calls the aggrieved or victim through official landline number to verify whether police mobile has reached at the said place or not
- To initiate legal proceedings against the offender, caller is advised to contact the concerned police station